Across the academic year, Judith Wilson, School Improvement Advisor host the popular SENCO Network Meeting.
There are six SENCO Network sessions per academic year. Agendas for each network session will include one or other aspects of the following:
- Local and national developments in SEND,
- Funding for SEN,
- Achievement and progress of pupils with SEN – how will we measure progress without using national curriculum levels?
- Keeping up to date with Ofsted requirements,
- Sessions on a range of special educational needs,
- Sharing best practice across the Local Authority.
Each Network meeting will include updates on local and national developments in SEND, opportunities to gain a deeper understanding of what outstanding learning and progress look like and support for approaching an Ofsted inspection. It will also look at specific special educational needs and strategies for support. There will be opportunity for SENCOs to network with one another. All notes of meetings and presentations will be made available to SENCOs following the meetings.
The expected outcomes are that:
- SENCOs in Lambeth will be up to date with local and national developments,
- SENCOs will be confident to approach an Ofsted inspection knowing the strengths and weaknesses of their own provisions with evidence to support,
- Pupils with SEND will meet expected outcomes and/or exceed expectations,
- SENCOs will share their good practice and in so doing deepen their knowledge and understanding of a range of special educational needs.
All meetings will take place at Park Campus, Gipsy Road, SE27, 9am – 12.00. Refreshments are provided.